Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Yay to Spring!

  

     I would love to be able to ease into Spring. You know,  once the weather gradually warms up you start to think about planting the garden and the flower beds. You think, "this week I'll mulch, this week I'll weed, the end of the week I'll seed. It should all be a gradual process. But it never works out that way for me. It seems to all need done at once. As the tulips wilt in the Spring heat almost as soon as they bloom I think that I'm behind already. I haven't tilled the garden, I haven't mulched, I haven't even planned the beds. The chicken coop needs cleaned out, the grass is days past needing it's first cut, although that would be Stan's job. He must be as behind as I am this year. 

Stan got started on the tilling today while I made chicken salad for lunch.  After lunch I trimmed the maple tree and after that I was going to start on the pond landscape, the flower beds and the cleaning of the chicken coop.  While I was trimming the maple, I couldn't help but notice how pretty the blooms were on the cherry and peach trees. So I got my camera and captured a few nice bloom shots.  Stan cut the grass and I finished the maple and moved to the pond. The water looked pretty clear and I was happy to see the water lily stretching itself after the long winter, to reach the surface of the water. 


It was deserving of a a few frames as well...
It's no wonder I can't get any work done. I find the beauty in my own backyard is worthy of stopping to admire and record even before the Spring cleaning is done. 
Stan finished his yard work ahead of me, of course, and proceeded to do one of his favorite things; that of treating the pets.  Another memory in the making... And I am never going to get anything done at this pace.  I grabbed a handful of peanuts and tried to feed the chickens and they wouldn't come near me today. I think they smell chicken salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment